Jose Mourinho embarrassed by private conversation about Chelsea strikers

The Chelsea manager angry after disparaging remarks about his squad were made public

Jose Mourinho embarrassed by private conversation about Chelsea strikers

Posted by

Andy

February 25th, 2014

Share on Google+

The Chelsea squad flew out to Turkey on Monday for the first leg of their Champions League last sixteen tie against Galatasaray, although the build-up to the match has been overshadowed by comments made by Jose Mourinho regarding a dearth of forwards at the club.

Mourinho controversially allowed Romelu Lukaku to join Everton on a season-long loan back in August and it appears clear he’s unimpressed with the lack of firepower at Stamford Bridge, with the Chelsea boss seemingly rating Samuel Eto’o although apparently unimpressed by Fernando Torres and Demba Ba.

The Chelsea manager apparently made these comments last week in Nyon although they have just been made public, with Mourinho having a so-called private conversation with the head of Hublot watches, saying: “The problem with Chelsea is we lack a scorer. I have one [Eto’o] but he’s 32. Maybe 35, who knows?”

Mourinho also talked about the possibility of the club signing Falcao and questioned why the Colombian was playing at a club like Monaco who attract a notoriously small number of fans to their home games due to their geographical location in France.

“I don’t have Falcao but Falcao doesn’t have a team,” said Mourinho. “Who wants to play in front of 3,000 supporters? If I was one day to go to Monaco it would be at the end [of my career].”

The Chelsea manager also talked about Zlatan Ibrahimovic, declaring it “impossible” for his club to sign the talented Swede due to Paris Saint-Germain’s substantial wealth.

“It’s impossible,” said Mourinho when asked about the Sweden striker potentially moving to Stamford Bridge in the future. “He’s happy in Paris. I know because he’s my friend and we’re in touch. PSG with all its wealth would never open the door. That’s mission impossible.”

Mourinho was keen to sign Wayne Rooney back in August although he was unable to wrench the forward away from Manchester United and will hope to sign a world-class striker in the summer.

Comments are closed

Find us on Google+